Monday, March 16, 2009

My Poor Rose Bush

My first attempt at pruning a rose bush was not very successful. Though rose bushes are like weeds and you can't really ruin them i think i may over done it. My rose bush was taking over the house, scratching the window everytime the wind blew, so finally i got some pruning shears and took a wack at it. I probably should have read up on how to correctly prune a rose bush but i guess i was too lazy. So this sad looking thing was the result. Oh well, i guess i'll know for next time. Any tips?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i think there is some rule about cutting down until there is a certain number of leaves grouped together. but, i'm not really sure, seeing as how i don't have a yard or anything...

love you!

Blackburns said...

Deb, I've trimmed a lot of rose bushes and trimmed them just the way I wanted to and they always grew back. I think you ok with the way you trimmed it. Good Job!

James and Cassidee said...

I was always told to trim my rose bushes really short and first and then let them grow out and then just do little trims for there.....but my bushes always looked horrible so don't listen to me!