Sunday, November 8, 2009

Suggestions Please

I am in need of some suggestions of good books to read. up until this summer i have never really read in my whole life other than skimming over books for school. i had never enjoyed it probably due to the fact that i never found any books that i liked (not that i was looking very hard). but now i am addicted and i hate not having a good book to read when i'm bored, especially because t.v. sucks and there's never anything worth watching on. so if you could please give the names of some of your favorite books or at least books that you found worth reading. i recently read "The Host" which was actually a great book (don't be scared that Stephenie Meyer wrote it, it's actually really great. and they're making a movie based on the book but we'll see how that goes) i've also just read the Hunger Games and Catching Fire which i loved, (i thought Catching Fire was better).  Thanks for your help!

8 comments:

Jason and Kimber said...

I wish I could give you advise on books. I want to read more than I do but I always find something else to do. I have been reading baby books to learn how to be a parent mostly. I hope you find some. You are getting so close--So excited for you.

Jessica said...

i'm sending you a package soon, and I'll add some books in there you might like.

have you read harry potter? it's a fast and easy read, that's why i suggest it. and it's entertaining.

Blackburns said...

I like Anita Stansfield. She is an LDS author. I've read all her books, except for her latest releases.

Breezy said...

Hey Debbie! Sorry I missed your baby shower. It was Angela's wedding day! Anyway, if you are in the mood for a more serious, Memoirs of a Geisha is really good. Also, the Chronicals of Narnia series is next on my reading list. Good luck!

Em said...

I also love Anita Stansfield books or Children of the promise series. I also read Secret life of Bee's it was good and if you want a really good cry my sisters keeper. You should read all you can cuz it is quite the luxury when you have a little one. I just started the Narnia series and it isn't too bad I just don't have enough time to read it so it has been very spaced out. Good luck!

Annie said...

i have been reading a lot lately i have read hunger games and i am reading catching fire right now. but i like Diane Chamberlain, she writes a lot like Jodi Picoult ,who wrote my sisters keeper. They are both easy readers and entertaining. I also really like to read books about the Holocaust you can find good ones that are easy reads like, the boy in the striped pajamas, i will plant you a lilac tree, and the mascot. i hope that helps.
if you get a library card here in st, george you can go on line and they have a search page where you can type in an author or genre or things like that and it will bring up some you might like.

Annie said...

also i forgot to tell you about the "Uglies" series, it is four books but they are quick and easy reads, if you liked host you will like these.

Jodi Zingelman said...

Deb! I just read the best book it is called "the Help" I can't remember who it is by but I bought it at target for cheap :)