Friday, May 27, 2011

Cruise!








We had a really fun time on our cruise a couple of weeks ago. We went on a 4 day Carnival Cruise from Long Beach to Catalina to Ensenada. We drove out to California Sunday and stayed at my sisters in L.A. On the drive there we almost got run off the road, a guy came within inches of hitting us and we got our car keyed in the parking lot next door to Jessica's apartment, most likely because we were from Utah. Awesome.
Since we hadn't ever left Jake over night before we figured the shorter the better. I stressed about leaving Jake for weeks but in the end it wasn't as hard as I thought once we were actually on the ship. We went with Josh and Cassie, Gary's brother and his wife. It was fun going with them because we get along really well and we're all easy going. I hadn't ever been on a cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect. I think I would go on another cruise but probably a longer one on a bigger ship, that went to warmer places.
The first day, we were supposed to dock in Catalina Island but the weather was terrible so we couldn't so we we ended up staying on the ship all day. First of all there is only so much you can do on the ship and since it wasn't that warm we didn't really swim. Of course there's always food! Unlimited hot chocolate, yum. I'm pretty sure I had about 7 mugs of hot chocolate a day. We went to Ensenada the 3rd day and went kayaking to the Bufadora blow hole which was a lot of fun. I love the ocean so I had a blast but Josh ended up getting really sick so he didn't have such a great time. After kayaking we went to downtown Ensenada and went shopping and played in the chilly weather. One thing that was really fun about the cruise was all the different people! It seemed that we were a minority on the ship being Caucasian. Even the people working on the ship were from a lot of other countries which was cool. A lot from South Africa, South America, Asia, and India (which was where our awesome waiter was from. He was hilarious!) I'm pretty sure I've never seen so many ugly and badly done tattoos and of course some really clumsy drunk people. It made for a good laugh.
They did have some fun things to do on the boat such as karaoke, comedians, dancing and some shows. All in all it was worth it but I was so ready to get home by Friday morning and we had to wait 4 hours to get off the ship then drive another 6 hours home. I missed Jake so much! The day after we got home Jake was freaking out that we would leave him again and he pretty much cried and whined the whole day poor kid. We need take more short trips so he can get used to us not being with him 24/7.