Sunday, November 2, 2008

AAAHHHH! New calling!

Well it has happened. i actually have a calling in our ward! Gary was lucky enough to get one a few weeks ago as the elders quorom secretary. we moved into the ward about 2 months ago and we figured they would snatch us up pretty quick considering the amount combovers and shampoo sets in the ward. i was called as the first counselor in the Young Womens Presidency which i'm actually pretty excited about ( though i was expecting primary teacher). we have a pretty small young womens and i think it will be fun to go to all of their activites, though i'm pretty scared to have to teach them all. i had quite a few congratulations from the ladies in the ward and one was convinced that i was just barely out of young womens myself.
"congratulations on your new calling!"
"oh thank you"
"it hasn't been very long since you were in there"
"well it's been a little while"
" a year, year and a half?"(she was serious)
i just laughed though i get quite annoyed when people think i'm so young. actually it's been almost 6 years thank you very much. oh well, i'm sure i'll love it when i get older.

6 comments:

Blackburns said...

Congrats! Better be nice Gary will be the a combover before to long.

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

oh gosh lets hope not!

Lacy said...

Congrates Deb. Cody just got out of his so he can tend the kids. me i am just starting in the primary pres.

Sam said...

Don't worry I had to same thing happen to me. I was called to be a beehive teacher and everyone thought I was a laurel. It is kind of embarassing!!

The Felix Family said...

I'm jealous!! You got the young women calling! Don't worry I had the primary position filled before you ever got here. I would love to be in Young Womens! I think that would be such a fun calling.

Alicia said...

You'll do great! And you get to go to Girls Camp... :)
I know how you feel about the looking young thing. Sometimes I think people just shouldn't open there mouths. Its really bad when you get about 8 months preg and can't wear your ring anymore!